Monday, December 18, 2006

#56 - Rosie O'Donnell Uses Racial Slur on National TV

Comedian, Rosie O'Donnell, recently used the racial slur "ching chong" on the television show THE VIEW.

O'Donnell offered a public apology claiming that she was unaware that the term used was a racial slur.

FOXNews.com - Rosie O'Donnell Apologizes for 'Ching Chong' Comments, but Group Isn't Satisfied - Celebrity Gossip Entertain...

Unfortunately, her "apology" is so cavalier as to be ludricious and more incendiary than showing any sign of remorse for her offensive behavior.

I can hardly believe that Ms. O'Donnell truly is clueless to the reality that the slur she used is offensive.

The link below will explain why this term is offensive, but I am having a hard time thinking that this celebrity needs Asian-Americans to PROVE to her how wrong her speech was on this occasion:

Ching Chong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As the parent of an Asian-American child... do I expect more from Rosie O'Donnell?

You bet.

I have been a fan of hers for years. And I know her humor can be acidic, but I always believed that she took the side of people in minority groups.

After reading her response to the UNITY journalist group... I think Rosie's days on television are now numbered.

And I can guarantee you that I will be changing the channel if I see her face on the tv screen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

indeed,
her excuse sounds totally lame.

amazing,
she thought no one would notice?

she's still probably going to endure
as a comedian/celeb, regardless

luv,

neecie