Thursday, November 30, 2006

#55 - The Mexican Wall

Apathy is the road towards great suffering.

When we are apathetic towards the processes that govern us, we unwittingly become participants in events that may totally be against our values.

So in an earnest attempt at encouraging folks to think and participate,

I would like to draw your attention today to the issues regarding building a 2,000 mile U.S./Mexican border fence.

Here is the information made available by Global Security.Org:

US-Mexico Border Fence / Great Wall of Mexico

and from a source on the other side of this issue:

US Proposes 'Great Wall of Mexico'

Below are the petitions for both sides of the issue:

Americans Against the Wall Petition

Petition Spot - I fully support the Mexican border wall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As someone who is directly affected by this issue Ms.Lo, i thank you for bringing attention to it.
Buiding this wall would be the same as erecting the Berlin Wall part II.
I go back and forth accross the border, to see my family.
Some of them cannot get visas because the US government routinely denies tourist visas to young males ( under 40) who cannot prove large incomes in Mexico. One of my cousins fits the description.
The wall would make it really hard for me to see my family as often and to live a free, bi-country life, which is the entire reason I moved to California.
Love,
Milla